December means winter holidays for one and all, and for some the colder temperatures are certainly welcome. Others may have an alternative opinion. Either way, everyone wants to save money – particularly after buying gifts for the family. Here are some of the best ways to save money on your heating bill this winter.
• The Sun – Solar power is still very much in its infancy, but the warm rays of the afternoon can help warm the inside of your home. South facing windows make for the best sunlight, so open those curtains. Close them at night to seal in some of the heat and keep the chill out.
• Bubble wrap windows – Yes; bubble wrap. Air is a solid insulator and is in each one of those wonderful bubbles everyone loves to pop. Put this on the north facing windows for the best results.
• Thermostat – A new, digital thermostat is ideal, and at Fulford Heating & Cooling, we can help you install one. These help you regulate temperatures in the home much more easily. Some are programmable, so you can configure them when waking and returning home. The rest of the day, the HVAC can rest.
• Schedule service – We can help you with your energy costs, and our scheduled maintenance contracts will help you save even more money over the year.
• Energy audit – One of our more popular services is to come to your home for a complete home energy audit. We will review all areas of the home where you may have energy loss and help you come up with a solid plan to address these issues.
Fulford Heating & Cooling hopes you all had a great holiday season and look forward to serving you in the New Year. Be sure to contact us for any and all of your home HVAC needs.