One of the best ways to save money is to conduct a home energy audit. We at Fulford HVAC can help you with one, and it can show you how you can save real money in real time. You can also qualify for tax breaks and rebate incentives that may be available from local, state and federal sources. A quick Internet search will help you find examples. To get ready for your home energy audit, we at Fulford HVAC have a few suggestions for you to consider:
- Close all doors; latch windows;
- Raise blinds; open curtains;
- Clean the fireplace if you have one;
- Clear the pathways to crawl spaces, access, attic and the like;
- Do the same with furnace, boilers, water heaters;
- Get all pets out of the way.
Once you have these things done, you will also need to be ready for the auditor. You should know the following bits of information for the auditor:
- Hot and cold spots;
- Asthma and allergy sufferers in the home;
- Moisture problems;
- General info about the home: year built, square footage, and the like;
- Recent utility bills – preferably a year’s worth of usage.
You can expect the visit to take about two to four hours, depending on several factors in the home. We will inspect the home in its entirety, run tests with specialized equipment and provide you a full report on all of the findings. From there, you will be able to make a decision on what you would like to do for your home and its energy costs. Chances are there are not going to be any huge things you can do to save money, but instead a few small changes that will add up considerably to provide you with savings you can see.
Is there something that Fulford HVAC offers that we can help you with? Are you in need of a new HVAC system or other service we offer? Be sure to contact us with any questions that you may have. We are always willing to come to your home and provide you a free estimate and make recommendations.