Gas Packs: Heating and Cooling in a Single Unit
2 – 5 Ton Rheem Gas Packs
- 13 SEER RRNL
- 14 SEER RRPL
- 16 SEER RRRL
All three of these units feature the earth-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
With fewer moving parts, these units are more efficient, quieter and last longer. The 5-Ton RRPL and all the RRRL models have Comfort Alert™ Diagnostics, UltraTech™ Scroll 2-Stage Compressors, hard start kits and low/high pressure switches.
This diagnostics module is an innovative breakthrough that troubleshoots A/C system failures. It monitors and analyzes data sent from the thermostat demand and Scroll® compressor. Without the use of sensors, this module detects the cause of failures associated with the unit’s system or electrical components. The flashing LED indicator light gives the technician a code. This code guides him so that he can quickly and accurately correct the problem.
Rheem’s Standard Benefits
All units have:
- Single point wiring allows for easy installation.
- An internal trap, eliminating the need for an external trap.
- Filter drier is standard on every model.
- Thermal expansion valves allow for superior superheat control, energy efficiency and reliability.
- Molded compressor plugs.
- Rugged base rails for improved handling and installation.
- Wired, run, factory charged and tested.
The RRRL Models have additional features including:
- Two Stage Gas Heat
- Standard Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger
- Dehumidification (On Demand)
- Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM) that offers adjustable airflow in heating and cooling modes to 1.0” SP static capability
Canadian Standards Association (CSA) International certified the design of the unit and each unit has a full line of capacities certified by the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
These gas packs feature a tubular heat exchanger design. These exchangers are more efficient and durable than their older counterparts.
Warranty Information for Rheem Gas Packs
The factory standard heat exchanger has a 10-year limited warranty. All the RRRL models have a stainless steel heat exchanger that is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
American Standard Platinum Series ZM gas pack (Also referred to as the American Standard Triumph 4YCZ6 Gas/Electric package unit) produces substantial savings when it is used to replace an existing unit.
3 – 5 Ton Air Conditioning Capacity
60,000 – 96,000 British thermal unit (Btu) Heating Capacity
These units have an excellent SEER efficiency of 16.6 and a 2-stage compressor with a variable-speed Vortical Blower combination. This offers you superior control over the quality of your indoor air.
The furnace in the Platinum Series ZM gas pack is rated at 80 percent annual fuel utilization
American Standard Gas Pack’s Key Features
- Energy Star Qualified with up to 16.6 SEER A/C.
- 80 percent AFUE in heating.
- Spine Fin Coil transfers heat efficiently for quicker cooling.
- The steel cabinet and top are specially designed for proper airflow with reliable protection for internal components.
Warranty Information for American Standard Platinum Series ZM Gas Pack
This gas pack has a 20-year limited warranty on its heat exchanger and 10-year limited warranty on the rest of the parts.
Gas Packs feature both air conditioning (A/C) and gas heating in a single unit. Learn about the benefits of Rheem and American Standard Gas Packs.
http://www.ahrinet.org/certification.aspx , http://yorkcentraltechtalk.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/what-is-an-ecm-motor/, http://www.americanstandardair.com/whyamericanstandard/pages/why.aspx, http://www.rheem.com/product/residential-package-units-package-gas-electric, http://www.rheem.com/products/heating_and_cooling/package_system_solutions/ http://www.webhvac.com/2013/01/top-rated-gas-packs-2013/http://www.csagroup.org/cn/en/services/testing-and-certification,