Winter is rough on a home heating system. As the temperatures drop even lower, the heater has to work even harder to maintain the proper temperatures in your house or office.
Here are some tips from Fulford Heating and Cooling to maximize efficiency from your heating system.
1) Maintenance. Of everything you can do, maintenance is the most important for keeping your HVAC or furnace in working order. Simple maintenance like changing the filter is something you can do at home. More detailed maintenance like checking points, the motors and the controls need to be done by a professional. Fluffed has 40 years of experience in the field. We know how North Carolina heats buildings.
2) Pay attention. Your heating system will probably let you know when problems start. It may sound different. It may stop blowing air as warm as it should be. These are indications that something is wrong. Call Fulford Heating and Cooling immediately. We’ll send a technician out to check the system.
3) Watch the thermostat. You know what the setting should be to keep your house comfortable. If that setting is not providing the same temp levels you want, then the problem could be in thermostat or somewhere else in the system. If you have an old mercury-style thermostat, then it does need to be replaced because the mercury is dangerous.
4) Always running. If the blower keeps running constantly, that’s usually a minor problem for a repairman. We find bad switches are usually the problem.
5) Inspections. Regular inspections by Fulford can find minor situations before they become major problems. When you request a maintenance service call, we schedule the work when it is convenient for you. Because it’s a regular call, you don’t pay the emergency and after hour rates. If we find something, we tell you about it. We explain what we think needs to be done. You make the decision.
By following these five tips, your HVAC system is sure to stand up to whatever Old Man Winter has in store for Brunswick and New Hanover Counties this season. Call Fulford Heating and Cooling for all of your HVAC needs!
Fulford Heating & Cooling has provided hvac repair and maintenance for all major brands to area residents in Brunswick County NC. Call (910) 842-6589 for free estimate.