Is your heating system ready for winter? The time to check it is now. Don’t wait for the first real cold spell to find out something is not working.
Call Fulford Heating and Cooling to have your system checked. Here are a few reasons why to schedule this now:
• Cost. A maintenance inspection is cheaper than an after-hours or emergency service call.
• Time. You don’t have to live in a freezing house while waiting for repairs. If something needs attention, we have time to get to it.
• Reliability. Regular maintenance is key to extending the life of any machinery. You have your car serviced regularly. Do the same with with your HVAC.
When you call Fulford to come out and inspect your system, here’s a list of what you can expect.
• We check the controls. We make sure the thermostat is working properly and the temperatures are correct. We make sure the temps in the outside unit are also where they need to be.
• We check the motors. Your HVAC unit has several different motors. We check each one. We make sure the load balance is correct in each one. We listen to the sounds each one makes. If we find something out of spec, we let you know and give you suggestions.
• We check the belts. Not all systems have belts. If yours does, we’ll check it for wear. If we find cracks or frayed places, we’ll replace the belt. We’ll also check the pulleys when we’re doing this.
• We check the ductwork. We get in the attic or the crawl space to make sure your ducts are intact. Pests like squirrels, mice and raccoons can get into tight places and tear ductwork apart. They like cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter too.
Depending on your specific system, we’ll perform other system checks. When we’re finished, you’ll get a full report including any suggestions for repair or replacement. Call Fulford Heating and Cooling today for all of your HVAC inspection and maintenance needs.