When it is hot outside, using your stove can make it even hotter in your house. Keep from sweating in the kitchen and get to grilling. You can grill just about anything; even if you are serving a three course meal.
Asian Grilled Salmon
Fresh salmon boned with skin on
For the marinade:
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. soy sauce
6 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
• Prepare your grill and brush the rack with olive oil to prevent sticking.
• Lay salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it into 4 equal pieces.
• Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade.
• Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and let it sit for 10 minutes.
• Place the salmon skin side down on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes. Carefully turn the salmon and grill on the other side for another 4-5 minutes.
• Transfer the salmon to a plate skin side down and spoon the rest of the marinade on top. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
• Remove the skin and enjoy!
Consider serving this dish with a fresh garden salad. Grilling is a great way to enjoy great meals without your kitchen feeling like a sauna. Grilling is also a much healthier way to prepare your food. You would be surprised by the amount of energy you save just by grilling a few meals a week rather than using your stove or oven.
Use the internet to your advantage and start searching for grilling recipes. With so many recipes available, you are sure to find some things that will satisfy your taste buds.
This recipe courtesy of Food Network – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/asian-grilled-salmon-recipe.html