Ductless air conditioning seems to be impossible and strange. What is it and how does it work?
Ductless air conditioning may be a better choice depending on any number of situations. The most important is that ductless systems are not for full building cooling and heating but for spots and certain areas. There is often no cost difference or break between duct and ductless, and ultimately it comes down to the decision of the customer and their needs.
Often times duct work is not a feasible answer for a building. Ductless units are interior and linked with refrigerant piping throughout. It is very much like a standard window A/C unit but much quieter and efficient. Space is another factor for duct and ductless units. If there is no space, ductless may be the best decision.
Like most decisions concerning HVAC, there are pros and cons. Here are a few of each.
- Individual room cooling and heating;
- Not intrusive;
- Remote control possibilities;
- Been in use for many years with success.
- Does not fit well in a major living area;
- May conflict with the home’s décor;
- Drain lines are necessary and may conflict with home’s appearance;
- Multiple units may be necessary.
There are many considerations before choosing one or the other, but there are two fundamental questions to consider:
- Do I need to cool a whole home, office etc. or just a spot;
- Is there room for all of the equipment in the home?
Fulford HVAC can do either system for you and are glad to come to your home and review the choices you may have. We will discuss with you options as well as go into more detailed information about the pros and cons. Ultimately the decision will rest in your hands, but we want to be 100 percent in agreement with you on this choice.
Contact us if you are curious about ductless, duct or any HVAC repairs.